Pages

Thursday 3 October 2013

I Was Sexually Abused At Age 10: Nollywood actor Benson Okonkwo




Benson on social media write about his alleged abuse when he was ten:

I have gone through a lot in the past and that is what has made me the Benson Okonkwo many love and respect today in the industry.


I was sexually abused at the tender age of 10 by my 35 year old neighbor simply called Aunty Amaka, a lady who I love and respect.

She took advantage of me on that fateful afternoon after luring me with sweets and biscuits. She stole my innocence and ever since then I have been haunted by that hurtful memory.

That’s why I put passion into my acting career because its takes away my pain.

I kept it away from my parents, but I told our gateman, who did not tell my parents too. I grew up with the shock and it still disturbs me till today.

I really wish parents would be more careful with who they leave their kids with.

0 comments:

Post a Comment